- 1. Changing my light bulbs from incandescent to LED bulbs.
- 2. Running my clothes and dish washers only when full, my clothes washer on cold, and my dish washer on “air dry.”
- 3. Installing a programmable thermostat for heating and cooling.
- 4. Lowering my hot water heater to 120 degrees.
- 5. Unplugging and powering down all electronic devices that are not in use, especially my cable boxes.
- 6. Sealing air leaks and insulating where needed throughout my house.
If all Americans take these six small steps, together we can close 30 power plants, improving health, wellbeing and air quality for all.
64 have already made the pledge!